Many websites are littered with poorly stock photos. It doesn’t have to be the same with yours. Keep in mind that a website relies on great photography to capture people’s attention and keep readers engaged. Good stock photos offer visual stimuli to break up text and clarify some points in your article. To make sure you are choosing the right stock photography, check out these 6 easy steps on the right and wrong way to choose stock photos here.
- Choose a reputable source. There are many stock photo sites in the market, but they are not created equally. If you are trying to save money without sacrificing quality, StockPhotoSecrets.com is a good source to buy stock photos. The stock site has over 5 million high resolution images in its library, priced at the lowest prices. It is also a great source to learn more about stock photos and compare stock photo agencies.
- Be aware of licensing agreements. If you are buying stock photos, you need to know how to use them legally. You are not saving money if you’ll end up getting sued. If citation is required, give credit to the artist or the stock site. Royalty-free license allows you to use the images whatever and whenever you want, but other licenses are only available under certain conditions. When in doubt, contact the stock site.
- Include images of animals and people. Stock photos help your readers feel connected to the content of your article, and images of people and animals help create this feeling of connection. If you are looking for lifestyle photos, do include images of pets on leashes or hands of people. Even financial websites can still use these images for relatability.
- Avoid photos of random smiling employees. These photos are common in business websites, but you should try to avoid them. They look “stocky” and insincere. Even people who love their job rarely sit and grin while typing or checking documents. Use basic mood photos that communicate emotion, instead.
- Don’t get too clever. Humor is subjective, so be careful when using images that include a wink or a nod. They may come off as condescending or creepy, especially on marketing purposes. Avoid anything that relies on pop culture, too. Some people may not get what they refer to. Instead, use images that look authentic and are relevant to your website.
- Choose for color. To make a positive impact on your audience, choose photos with colors that suit the theme of your website. Cooler and natural tones ensure a professional appearance. If you are using these colors in your website, be sure to pick photos with the same hue.
Choosing stock photos does not have to be complicated. Just take time to think about what image you want to convey and pick high quality ones from a reputable stock photo site, like Stock Photo Secrets. Are you ready to start choosing new stock photos for your website? Follow the above steps, and you will never have to choose poorly – ever again.
Stock images have been an important part of a successful web design for the past decades. Many creatives use them to attract attention and convey their message. That’s why the number of stock photo agencies has also skyrocketed. With a wide variety of websites to choose from, what makes Shutterstock stand out from the rest? Here are seven reasons why you should choose the stock site as your primary image source:
- They have over 175 million images in their library. A great image source offers a wide variety of content that suits all your creative needs, regardless of theme and style. With the stock site’s vast collection of royalty-free photos, you will surely find the perfect image to enhance your creative project.
- They sell royalty-free license. All images in the stock photo agency includes a royalty-free license, allowing you to use them in any project for as long as you like. For a one-time fixed fee, you can use the images in multiple ways.
- They have great subscription plans. Shutterstock offers one of the best subscription plans in the industry. They have plans for individual and multiple users – all at straightforward prices. Get images on demand or save with an annual plan, whichever suits your creative needs and budget. Team plans and enterprise plans are also available.
- They include other stock files. If you need more than just stock images, Shutterstock also offers stock footage, music and audio, and editorial content to their library. Why download these additional stock assets from other sites if you can download them all in one site?
- They have great technology tools and an easy-to-navigate website. The stock site offers its very own image editor right inside its web design. You can easily edit images to fit your theme and style. Their website is also user-friendly. You will surely find what you are looking for easily and quickly.
- Shutterstock coupons exist. The stock photo site already offers one of the best deals in the market. But, that doesn’t stop them from offering their customers a chance to further their savings. Shutterstock has teamed up with Stock Photo Secrets to provide creatives around the world with coupons to save more on their purchase. Coupon codes are also available the stock site itself.
- They are one of the best. Why should you choose Shutterstock as your primary image source? The answer is simple. They are one of the best stock photo agencies in the market. Their vast collection of images and straightforward pricing make them ideal for individual users and businesses alike.
Shutterstock is known for their super cheap pricing, huge library of content, flexible licensing and high quality services. They even offer free content every week when you sign up to the stock site. If you are still looking for the best image source, check out the stock site. Don’t forget to grab a coupon code, too. You can get as much as 15% discount on your purchase with a Shutterstock promo code.